Saturday, February 07, 2009

Do You Ever Wonder

I've been working on a Baccale..whatsawhozit degree since I finished high school 7 years ago. [fyi, that's almost twice as long as it's supposed to take] There are a variety of reasons for it taking so long - switching majors, failed classes, lack of finances, Dad dying, not sure what I'm doing with my life.... but for the most part, I've been enrolled in a college for at least part of every single one of those seven years.

Why?

Seriously, I've asked this question before, and been convicted with the truth of the fact that, when I left for school way back when, I wasn't praying "what should I do?" as much as it was "I'm going to college now, so where?" Now I find myself wondering if I'm just going for the 4 year because I started this thing, darnit, and I WILL finish it, hell or highwater or...or.... [I get so articulate when I'm tired, it's really quite impressive]

Compounding the questions is the idiocy of college administration. Here's some news for you, boys and girls, it doesn't matter where you go, the admin is going to do something dumb. That's just how the game is played. It is your job to suck it up and deal. This has frustrated me since the dawn of my college career and the problems I'm currently facing are nearly inspiration enough to once again switch to something or somewhere else. (well, that, along with the fact that my prof told me straight up last night that EMS people have a hard time making the transition to nursing because it requires a different mindset. yikes?)

This is probably just the tired rambling of a mind overwhelmed by the stack of reading it faces over the weekend...but there's still a part of me that chafes at the fact that I'm supposed to put stuff before people. People are the reason I'm doing this stuff! How twisted can you get?

No comments: