Friday, July 16, 2010

Maybe I Really AM a Commitaphobe

Am I the only person who has seasonal friendships?

There are so many people who have been integral parts of my life...and we just don't talk anymore. It's not like there was a big blow up or anything. Out of the dozen or so people I can think of, only two fall into that category. Instead it's almost as if life drifts us apart like clusters of seaweed on the tide.

What's perhaps even more bizarre about the whole thing is the fact that certain people among my drifters seem to try to cling to how things were before; while others just pick up where we left off. Then there are those who never really drifted very far away, so the connection is still there, just . . . loosely; and the rest who are basically totally gone.

...in other news, we just had an earthquake. *blink*

1 comment:

Somebody Somewhere said...

hey you. I keep thinking about calling. lol. then I checked your blog and saw this post. Anyways...i wanted to call cuz i was gonna ask if sometime you wanted to go to a movie or coffee shop or something (or heck, we should go parachuting, lol). I hope everything is going really good...sorry to drop off the radar for so long.
-kate