Thursday, July 29, 2010

Incepted

Everyone's asked the question, "what if real life is a dream, and my dreams are real life?" At least...I'm pretty sure everyone's asked it. I've asked it more than once, so that should make up for the few people who never thought to ask.

Anyway, Inception takes that question to a degree I don't think I could ever have imagined - quite skillfully - and makes a few other points along the way.

How much of our relationships are based on our perceptions of people, and not the people themselves? If you love someone, are you loving them with all of their idiosyncrasies, or are you loving your perception of them and how they fit into your world and how you see things?

And can you really build those architectural puzzles like never ending staircases?

What about building a less invasive version of the Matrix, using .....bracelets....that sucks you into the dream of the person on the other side of the wire?

Why do I always end up typing such dissatisfactorily short thoughts on this thing lately? I have more to say, my brain's just too sleepy to spit it out coherently right now.

No comments: