Saturday, March 15, 2008

Huh?

So I've crossed that invisible line that I avoided thinking about for so long.

Last week, I went on a date.

It was fun.

It was also weird. I don't date. Come on; I'm...me. Me doesn't go out with some random guy who just decides that he possibly likes me. This is completely foreign. I've heard of people doing things like this, but God, I'm finally in a place where I like my life. It's not bad. Seriously. You let me do what I want, when I want, and I like it that way. Men just complicate this really nice arrangement we've got going, and I don't want any complications. The last few years have been plenty complicated and I'm ready for quiet simplicity.

I think I need to change my expectations.

2 comments:

Kelly Sauer said...

What are your expectations?

Unknown said...

Did I tell you about my quasi-date-that-wasn't recently? I'll have to tell you about it sometime...